Sunday, August 14, 2011

August 11-14 2011: Laura's weekend at the beach

Ahhh!!! What a great weekend.  I was one of a few guests of a friend at her family beach house in Emerald Isle, North Carolina. It was all ladies, NO KIDS!!! I was very happy to attend.  We had a great time.  Lots of alcohol was consumed.  I was the only one who "lost her cookies".  I guess some things just don't change, he-he!  We had a great visit to Emerald Island and then on Saturday visited Beaufort, NC for the Pirate Invasion.  I had learned while in the UK that Black Beard had been captured & beheaded in NC but didn't know that Blackbeard had a home in Beaufort, North Carolina.  I will have to do a bit more research and bring the kids.  Once in Beaufort, we saw a few pirates and met up with friends Penny & Mike.  They took us on a great boat ride through the sound.  We headed for the open ocean but turned back because of rough seas. (it reminded me of our adventures to the Aran Island, Ireland.)  We headed home on Sunday.  Back to reality.  Just for a little bit!  On Tuesday, the kids and I are headed to Atlanta to see our friends:  Anusha, Anand and Rachel (sadly Andrew will be missing).  I'll post the pictures in a day or 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment