Tuesday, September 4, 2012

July 2012- Drive South to fly North

Bring on the travel…

What I am about to say may sound a bit odd: We drove 13 hours to South Florida to fly 6 hours north to Chicago!  Yes we did.  Why you may ask?  Adam and I wanted to go to Chicago for a friend's surprise birthday party but we didn't want to take the kids with us to the night time events.  That meant we drove to South Florida so that Adam's parents could keep the kids while Adam & I flew to Chicago to see friends and some of my family.  It was a great weekend.

When Adam & I arrived back to South Florida we drove to Gainesville, FL to spend a night with Aunt Rachel (Adam's sister) before heading to Tampa for a week to spend with my family.  The kids had a great time with all the family.  They swam just about every day and we even managed to squeeze in a trip to see the one and only "Winter" (of Dolphin Tales) and a beach trip.

I was able to attend a wonderful baby shower for my college friend, Jennie Wiand.  Baby is due in Sept. It was a wonderful party for a wonderful reason.

Adam and I also got to experience the Emergency Room on our trip.  I know this sounds like a fun place to be or a telivision show but no, no its not.  Adam had a coughing fit that he couldn't get under control and was feeling all together crappy, so off we went in the middle of the night to the ER.  It turns out that he had pnemonia!  He is still recovering (its the last day of August when I wrote this.)




Fortunately, the rest of July was pretty boring.  Play dates at the pool, park, The Children's Playhouse, and at home. Adam and I trying to find a house plan we both liked and could afford. Interviewing builders etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment