Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Then came May 2012 ...

Adam took a class to Washington D.C. for a week in May. He had a great time and ate a lot of international food (something we don't get a lot of in Boone).

 
Alexandra performed in the Hardin Park First Grade Talent show.

She also performed in her dance recital.



I returned to my Orientation job where I basically work full time (and then some) for 2 months. My job as an Orientation Advisor requires me to help new Appalachian State students plan their schedules for this Fall and make sure they know what they need to graduate in 4 year's time. It takes a lot of work and time but its lots of fun too.

Because Boone had such a mild winter, public schools got out early and summer camps were not open yet. Fortunately, my parents were able to stay for a few weeks and keep the kids while Adam and I were at work. They went to the park, the library, Tweetsie Railroad, and Linville Caverns . I know the kids LOVED being with the grandparents and wanted them to stay forever. But I know mom and dad were exhausted and were looking forward to their trip to Spain, Morocco, and Portugal when they finally escaped our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment