Saturday, March 12, 2011

Wednesday, January 19, 2011: Visit to Silverdale Primary

Yesterday, we received word about Alexandra’s schooling. She was not accepted into St. John’s in Keele (its too full). But she was accepted into Silverdale Primary School in Newcastle. This means we have to put her in a taxi everyday- by herself, but Adam and I are not thrilled with this idea. I’m not sure the taxi driver is ‘checked out’.
This morning the whole family visited Silverdale Primary School. Alexandra really liked it and couldn’t wait to start. So after the visit we stopped by Sainsbury to buy trousers and white shirts (her uniform). We will purchase the required sweatshirt from the school.

This afternoon the repairman gave me the horrible news, the washer was dead and he did not have a used one to sell me at the time. We now have a solid week of very muddy laundry. So I packed everything up and ‘strolled’ down to the closest dorm launderette. Upon arrival, I found 8 machines of those 4 were occupied and the other 4 were labeled “do not use”. I looked over and saw a person waiting. He informed me that several others had already dropped in. I will try tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment